Are you ready to shape the future?
Are you ready to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while working to shape future generations of students? SunBridge Schools is looking for both talented teachers, aids and staff to build an up-and-coming charter school in the Toledo, Ohio area.
Are you that person? Check the listings to see if an opening fits your skill set and talents.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with the subject line of which position you are applying for and attach your resume.
Available Job Openings
Building Substitute Teacher
Building Substitute Teacher
SunBridge Schools is looking for an energetic and motivated teacher to work with our students in grades K-6. Candidates must be able to maintain an Ohio Teaching, Substitute, or Paraprofessional License and pass a background check and drug screen.
Building Substitute responsibilities include:
- Follow classroom teacher lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate
- Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
- Supervise students out of class, such as in the hallways and in the cafeteria
- Ability to travel between buildings if needed
- Other classroom, office and building support functions as assigned
Interested candidates should email their resume, cover letter and any applicable licenses to our Superintendent Joe Cordella at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position they are applying for in the subject line.
The Monitor/Aide is responsible for providing operational oversight, day-to-day management, and assists drivers in safe operation of routes.
- Knows the route and remains alert to monitor the welfare of passengers while in route
- Communicates behavior problems and conditions of various stops with the driver
- Assists in pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process
- Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, students, and parents
- Attends all safety and training meetings
- Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including use of exiting by emergency door
- Cleans the inside of the bus
- Assists driver when necessary to safely direct the vehicle backwards
- Monitor/Aide Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 18 years old
- Good verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Early morning availability
- Judgement/problem solving skills
- Ability to manage high degrees of stress
- High School diploma or GED
- Currently hold or able to obtain an Ohio Department of Education Aide Permit
- Able to pass an FBI/BCI background check and drug screen in accordance with ODE Regulations
- To apply please contact superintendent Joe Cordella with your resume at: email@example.com
Instructional Aide 1:1
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong writing, grammar, reading, and basic math skills
- Ability to assist with academic work ranging from kindergarten to 6th grade level
- Proficient technology skills
- Adheres to strict confidentiality standards
- Ability to lift 80 pounds to assist students with mobility, toilet, etc.
- Ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with staff, students, parents and the public
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrates reliability, timeliness and good attendance.
- Under the guidance and direction of special education and classroom teachers, support the implementation of the instructional program. Adapt curriculum and instructional techniques specific to the needs of individual students. Understand and assist in implementing the students’ Individual Education Plans.
- Collect student data to assist teachers in monitoring student progress. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, district procedures and teacher or administrative request. Complete and submit reports on time.
- Support a classroom climate that is conducive to learning. Assist with behavioral interventions and help maintain discipline.
- Perform duties necessary to support students who need assistance with daily life/health related activities as assigned by the teacher(s). This may include assisting with the elimination process, diapering, navigation, health related assistance, and lifting students with and/or without assistance. The need for assistance of another person or a lifting mechanism will be determined in consultation with the aide. Instruction and training on such duties will be provided for classroom aides.
Ohio Educational Aide Permit required
Interested candidates should submit their materials to Superintendent, Joe Cordella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are searching for an intervention specialist on a full-time basis to support instruction to our students who need additional services or are on Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs). This position would report to the Principal.
Interested candidates should email their resumes and materials to the Superintendent, Joe Cordella.
- Comply with the Operating Standards for Ohio’s Schools Serving Children with Disabilities, regarding placement, instruction, and evaluation of students with disabilities
- Establish an effective instructional program for students with disabilities that is aligned with the Ohio Academic Content Standards.
- Prepare daily lesson plans, plan strategies, and activities to meet the identified needs of students, implement student individual education plan (IEP)
- Participate in IEP meetings and IEP development; write goals and objectives for students entering the program
- Participate in completing Evaluation Team Reports (ETRs)
- Acts as resource person for classroom teachers regarding strategies, adaptations, and resource materials.
A valid Ohio Intervention Specialist Teaching License is preferred. A long-term sub (Intervention Specialist) license would be acceptable.